Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Nifty Fifty: A Note To The Unborn Vol. 7

Hey Little Man!

It's been a while!

You are currently beating the daylights out of my ribs! At this point in time you're supposed to be simmering down since you're running out of room. But not my little dude. If you're anything like me, which I think you are, you're going to do things at your own pace, in your own style. Clearly, you still want to get rowdy so GET ROWDY! When you groove like that, it lets me know you're OK and eases my  crazy brain. Monday night, your dad woke me up to tell me that you were going coo-coo nutty in my guts. He could feel you pressed up against his back. It was a cute middle-of-the-night moment.

50 days until you're scheduled to be in my lovin' arms. I can't believe it.

We had a party for you on Sunday and now have pretty much everything you need! You are going to love your room! It is officially my favorite room in the house so I hope you don't mind if I camp out in there sometimes. Anyway, all these awesome chicks came out to celebrate you and help Daddy and I get ready for your arrival. Everybody loves you already and can't wait to meet you. And you're going to be one well-read and well-dressed little fella. Uncle John Jackson got you a fedora, just like his! Ha!

It was really amazing to see what everyone did for you, a baby boy they've never met. I can't wait to wrap you up in Aunt Jen May's robot blanket and put you in Aunt Bizzle's Ramones t-shirts and read you all the books Aunt Sherry and Aunt Wendy got you in the glider from Grandma Honey. Aunt Potsie came over last night because she missed your party...she gave me the coolest sparkly blue heart necklace...blue for my baby boy. And Aunt Lisa had a tree planted in your honor at Redwood National Park (which is WAY cooler than the Bob Segar autograph she wanted to get you). I'm so glad all these crazy ladies are going to be a part of your life and am so glad you're a part of mine.

I think I've been doing a better job at remaining calm and stressing less recently. I hope you can feel that in your temporary housing. You have a check-up next week so hopefully all is good and you'll stay put for another 2 weeks...not that I wouldn't love to see you! I just want you to grow as big and strong and awesome as you can before you come into this crazy world. I've waited 230 days already...I can wait 50 more! Maybe!!!

I love you more than you could ever know, my boy.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment