Monday, July 18, 2011

Getting Dirty: Slathered In Paint Spencer-Style

I haven't been feeling up to snuff or top notch lately so I tried to relax this weekend. I didn't push myself. Lots of sleeping. Lots of couching. Lots of cartoons. Probably one too many chocolate covered pretzels. But just to make sure the weekend wasn't a total wash (and it wasn't...there was lots of much needed down time with Todd), I decided to do some paintings for the Spencer Dome. And I don't mean to pat myself on the back but I sure accomplished a lot in a day or two.

I love that I can do these things for my little man. I still have a pregnant ghost (I'm not sure it's supposed to be pregnant but the position it's in and the pooch that it has leads me to believe it's preggo) that my mom made in a ceramics class when she was pregnant with me. I love having it. Spencer may be pumped to have these mom-made things some day. Unless he doesn't like robots and monsters...in which case he is clearly NOT our child and I'll have to exchange him.






In non-painting news, I have my next doctor's appointment tomorrow which included the Group B Strep test. If you don't know what that is, look it up. Sounds like loads of fun. Of course I'll do anything to ensure the safest delivery for Spencer but there's nothing like getting the bulk of your nether regions swabbed to put a spring in your step! Appointments continue every week after this and the doc should start telling us if I'm dilating or effaced at all. 30 days from tomorrow. A-maz-ing. Truly.


No comments:

Post a Comment