Thursday, May 5, 2011

Just Like Heaven: How I Fell in Love With a $50 Pillow.

15 weeks to go. 105 days until my due date. BOOYAH!

As of today, I have been pregnant for 6 months and am coming into my last few weeks of the 2nd (and fan-effing-tastic) trimester. Spence Baby is a little over a pound and a half, somewhere between 9 inches and a foot tall, and awesome as ever. Nothing much has changed about me in the last week besides the return of mild heartburn, some dull back pain and restless nights. Still no signs of stretchmarks, belly button is where it belongs, and I'm not rocking that creepy black line or belly hair. Thank God for small (and let's admit it, VAIN) favors...like my thick, shiny hair!
I have heard that I'm starting to walk like a pregnant person...but a pregnant person that walks really fast. I don't know why I feel the need to push it...my heart and lungs are working 50% harder because of my increased blood volume so I should probably chillax. I guess I just want to be super awesome until I can't be super awesome anymore!

You know what else is awesome. MY BODY PILLOW! I've been bugging Todd for one for over a month and he finally broke down this week and hooked me up (he didn't want to be replaced by a pillow), along with a belly band, which I assume will be needed soon. I sometimes get tangled up in the pillow which can be terrifying but overall, it's helped my neck, my back, and my little guy be more comfortable during the night...and even during evening TV watching. My work chair doesn't exactly offer maximum comfort, so yeah, body pillow = awesome.

And this little outfit from Aunt Phoebe is awesome, too.


I said he'll be my little jailbird and Todd said, "CONVICT!". Of course, we love it. It's sized out to be perfect for colder weather (I picture it with a denim jacket) and has a little pocket on the butt...which is for his wallet according to Phoebe, and his flask according to me. She's sticking with a black-n-gray motif since that's all she wears and she doesn't want them to clash when they hang out together. Smart thinking, Aunt Phoebe.

I painted the nursery last weekend but haven't snapped a pic. Drat.

Let's add a big DRAT to the fact that we picked out a crib (not an easy feat), paid for it, and then got an e-mail saying it's out of stock. WTF! Sleeping in a dresser drawer like baby Carrie from Little House On the Prairie is becoming more of a reality for us. It really transformed smile to frown. I want his crib, dammit! I want that space to transform from hodge-podge guest room to the SPENCER DOME! I guess we'll just have to go back to the drawing board and pick something else. Blast.

And by the way, in the development department, his skin is pinking up due to forming capillaries, his lungs are in practice-mode, and his formerly-closed nostrils are opening up. He's still practicing his grasping and holding and has been toying with his sense of touch...touching anything he can get his hands and feet on! He's piling on some baby fat and moving right along. I can't wait to see the cute face I keep dreaming about.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there. So psyched to finally be one of you!



No comments:

Post a Comment