Thursday, April 7, 2011

Risky Business: Chance of Miscarriage is Gone and Chance of Pre-Term Birth Begins.

So at this stage of the game, 21 weeks along, they (a.k.a. medical folk) no longer classify anything bad that might happen as a miscarriage. It is now considered pre-term birth. Either way, it ends the same and is equally as horrific, no matter what label you slap on it. I am so bananas in love with Spencer that I don't want to imagine him being anything but 100% awesome. So I won't. Even though I WILL because I'm ME and I worry. But things have been so good, so far. I have to keep on thinking it will continue as so.

And speaking of being bananas ("BANANA RAMA!"),
Allegedly stretch marks can start to show themselves but I haven't seen any and don't plan on it...power of positive thinking. Milk should start filling up my ever growing jugs about now so I'll probably have to get a new bra again. No complaints here. I love ridiculously huge boobs...and I got red paint on my 36 DD. Yep, I'm still me, even while pregnant.

But enough about me. Let's talk about Spencer.

He's got taste buds so he could possibly like the foods I'm eating after he's born. Last night it was all about Italian! Spero vi sia piaciuto il cibo italiano che abbiamo avuto per la cena, piccolo uomo!!! And it looks like the Italian food gave him the hiccups for the first time (that I could notice). I was all worried that I hadn't felt him flip-flop all day but he made up for it at night. He was rockin' out. But I felt SO BAD for him. I worried if he was uncomfortable. See? I worry.

Eyelashes, eyebrows, fingernails, and other fun little things are totally apparent. And his liver is starting to make bilirubin but because he can't use it just yet, excess is passed to me. Thanks buddy. Now if only I could use my super-strong liver to break down a cocktail! Ha!

Anyway, his skin is less transparent so he's not just a showcase of veins...BUT I AM! I can see ALL OF THEM. I can see pathways straight to my heart and it gives me the creeeeeps. I'll try and catch a snapshot of the creepiness. My heart freaks me out. I don't need to know what's going on with it. Regardless of its transparency, my skin looks fan-effing-tastic. I've been told by about 10 people this week that I officially have "the glow". I've always had pretty good skin but this is different. I look different and I like it. Thanks little baby!

Geez, this really has been all about me. Hmmmmm.

According to my doctor, at this point, it really is just "feed and grow".

So I'm going to go "feed and grow". See you at 22 weeks, unless there's news!

No comments:

Post a Comment