Thursday, March 31, 2011

Half-Time Show: 20 Weeks Down and 20 Weeks To Go.

Ladies and gents, we are OFFICIALLY half way done with this adventure they call "pregnancy". I'm not exaggerating (do I do that??) when I say it feels like just yesteray that we were jumping through a plethora of hoops trying to get a bun in the over. And now that bun is half way done cooking! It's mind-blowing, the whole damn thing.

Like how he started as nothing and is now cantaloupe size!

I am so crazy about my melon head (Todd hasn't given him his funny fruit name of the week yet but I think that might be the direction in which he goes). He's squirming around like crazy in there, my little monster. Todd says he has his boogie shoes on, which may be true. He's allegedly supposed to have regular "asleep and awake" patterns at this point, or so "they" say. My uterus will tell you differntly. I mean, I guess he DOES sleep when I'm working and rocks out when I'm resting 9 times out of 10. But when it comes right down to it, this baby does what he wants, when he wants, and I'm loving every second of it.

I'm even loving looking like this:



Because I'm a 13 year old boy at heart, I thought you should know that Spencer's testicles are starting to descend this week. as the scrotum grows (I totally had the urge to say "ball sack"...ugh). Way to go, my son.

And my family has started to plan our baby shower which I think will be in June. I can't WAIT to get his room set up. I went in there and laid on the guest bed that currently occupies the space. It was so odd to think, "Not too long from now, there's going to be this crazy being that's part me and part Todd in here, part of our family". Amazing. I'm so backwards bananas about him. I really didn't think I could ever feel like this.

My mom got us a book called "Rules For My Unborn Son" and I plan to get it for everyone I know who has a baby boy. Examples rules? A man with facial hair has something to hide. Never refuse a woman's invitation to dance. If you're going to wear a tie, commit and button your top button. Don't stare...people watch. It's a great book with some real gems.

Doctor's appointment on Tuesday to go over the ultrasound results which is exciting. And in the meantime, I think Spencer and I are going to go see Memphis Morticians tomorrow, despite how much I despise Garage Bar. I wonder if he'll be rockin-and-a-rollin' in there. I wonder a lot of things...

20 weeks to go!

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe ya'll are at 20 weeks already. Time is just slip-sliding along. And Melonhead is the best nickname for a NE Ohio baby nugget!

    ReplyDelete