Saturday, March 12, 2011

Getting To Know You: A Note To The Unborn Vol. 4

My monster:

I realized I haven't talked to you via blogosphere in awhile. Sometimes I feel a little odd talking out loud to you in your squishy water bed. I know you're in there (I've felt you wiggle and heard your heartbeat) but I'm not quite sure what to say. Hence why I've been reading you US Magazine. I skipped an article about Christina Aguleira this week because she isn't going to be on any upcoming play lists I'm making for you. I'll get more comfortable with personalizing the conversation once I know a bit more about who you are.

IN NINE...LONG...DAYS.

Your daddy thinks you're a girl. I thought that at first, too, but now I'm not so sure. When I write here, I think girl, and when I think about you during the day, I think boy. Girl seems to be in the lead as we've asked your many rock-n-roll aunts-n-uncles to place their bets. Aunt Stephanie and Aunt Tricia both say you're a fella but everyone else under the sun says you're a dame. I guess we'll know in nine days...as long as you're not being difficult. Being the product of me and daddy, that's totally possible.

Right now, my goal is just to find out who you are in a gender sense. As far as meeting you? I need a little more time (and YOU need more time...you're like a skinny little sea monkey). I need to get your room ready and stock our life with supplies for you. I need to get Santo and Shelby prepared for you becoming a part of our family. I need to make sure everything is done in a nesting sense so daddy and I can just enjoy you. I'm planning to love every second of my 8 weeks alone with you...even those moments where your can explodes like a volcano!

Anyway, I can't wait to get to know you but here's what I DO know, my stinky onion:

You're letting me know you're hungry, a lot, and I'm trying to keep up. You'll start to get some fat this week which will eventually have everyone pinching your cheeks (mommy is a sucker for baby cheeks). You can hear loud noises which is why I gave your baby house some extra rubbing yesterday...those dogs were being MANIACS and I had to yell at them. Sorry if you were spooked. You're perfecting all your survival relaxes (sucking, swallowing, what have you) and your heart is starting to come into a steady rhythm.

I do LOVE that sound.

So there you have it, Little Monster. I was supposed to get a second round of bloodwork yesterday to check up on you but was thwarted by the snow. As far as I'm concerned, you're doing just GREAT. Everybody is excited to meet you and we'll be having a party just for you some time in July. Knowing all your soon-to-be friends and family, it'll be a great day! And thanks for making this a pretty flipping easy process. I've heard some horror stories from pregnant people and it seems like I got off easy. I appreciate it, my love.

Talk again soon!

LOVE YOU,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment