Tuesday, December 27, 2011

***

Spencer's 1st Christmas was amazing. I relived my childhood through him and it was one of the best times of my life. He was spoiled rotten by boatloads of people but in my mind, he deserved it. Everyday, he soothes are pain residue left in my heart and I'd give him the world if I could. But clothes, books, toys, and supplies for solid foods worked just as well. It was pretty magical all-in-all.

And has been such a good boy with all the running around and events we had. Last week he opened his 1st presents at my parents' house. Friday, Todd's family came for a quick get-together. Christmas Eve, he suited up and we went to my aunt's and then wrapped up the night with fondue fun at Castle Grayskull. People decorated cookies for Santa, stuffed our faces, watched Christmas Vacation, drank Christmas Ale, and called it a night!

In the morning, Aiden helped Spencer open his gifts and I was reminded once again how Spencer is the best thing that ever happened to me. The best gift...though my necklace with his name and birthdate was a close 2nd! We had breakfast at my sister's and then headed to my aunt's for a Christmas Day pajama party! It was fantastic. Exhausting from beginning to end, buy pure awesome. I couldn't have asked for a better 1st Christmas for my baby boy. It was all about family and I took the time to enjoy every moment. Being thankful for the good moments are important because I'm sure there are still raincloud in the sky.

Sadly, Christmas is over and nothing cements that more that a horrific cough and alternating chills and sweats. But I get to hang out with my guy today and we just woke up from a nice, long nap. He's taking care of mama today. We're going to read some new books, play with some new toys, and bring 2011 to a welcome close. I'm praying that 2012 goes smoothly for us, beginning to end, because I think we're owed. I know that good things will be coming our way. I'm looking forward to starting fresh with a clean slate. This holiday was a great way to gear up for a new beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment